fredag den 10. september 2010

Greetings to my dad - R.I.P.


My dad Áslakkur Bjartur Poulsen - born on the 31st of March 1933 in Tórshavn, Faroe Islands.
Passed away on the 9th of september 2010 in Roskilde Denmark.
Will be put to rest at Kildebrønde cemetary on the 14th of september 2010 by priest Knud Erik Braüner.

Here is a little poem I found on the internet that hits the spot on what I feel for you:

If I could write a story
It would be the greatest ever told
Of a kind and loving father
Who had a heart of gold

I could write a million pages
But still be unable to say, just how
Much I love and miss you
Every single day

I will remember all you taught me
I'm hurt but won't be sad
‘coz you'll send me down the answers
And you'll always be MY DAD

And here are the greetings you've received on Facebook:

Hvil i fred far. Du er savnet.Thursday at 4:26pm
(Rest in peace dad. You are missed) - from Leif - your 5th born son.

Hvíl í frið babba. Eg sakni teg ♥
(Rest in peace daddy. I miss you <3) class="UIStory_Message">♥
(Rest in peace ) - from Jeanne - your daughter-in-law.

Hvil i fred Abbe
(Rest in peace grandfather ) - from Julie - your firstborn grandchild.

Takk fyri alt tú hevur verið fyri okkum. Hvíl í friði
(Thank you for everything you've been to us. Rest in peace) - from Rúnálvur - your nephew.

Takk fyri alt tú hevur verið fyri okkum. Hvíl í friði. Tað verður hart fyri nógv fólk. Saknaður verður tú.
(Thank you for everything you've been to us. Rest in peace. It's going to be difficult for a lot of people. You'll be missed) - from Maiken - friend of the family.

Túsund takk fyri alt tú hevur verið fyri meg og míni, tú vart altíð har við góðum ráðum tá hart stóð, eg elskaði og respekteraði teg altíð, sum um tú vart ein pápi fyri meg, eitt so fantastiskt gott menniskja skal man leita leingi eftir, tú ert hart saknaður longu nú, hvíl í friði ♥
(A thousand thank you's for everything you've been to me and mine, you were always there with good advice when things were tough, I always loved and respected you, because you were like a father to me. You have to look a long time for an amazingly good humanbeing like you. We miss you so much already, rest in peace <3)
- from Bjartur - your nephew.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar